UA-108708875-1 A Sifted Life: All Alone

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

All Alone

When it feels true 
 
A dear friend of mine reached out to me last week and shared that she was feeling alone.  She felt like she'd prayed but they were "hitting the ceiling" so to speak.  She shared her fears and concerns and I answered her back what was laid on my heart.  But my answer to her wasn't case specific.  I thought maybe it could apply to a lot of people.

Have you ever felt alone in your trouble?  Like no matter how hard, how loud, how heartfelt you prayed/begged/cried to The Lord, you just weren't getting a reply?  I know I have.  It's like picking up the phone and getting the answering machine:  you leave a message and then have to wait until they get back to you.  Meanwhile, you kind of need an answer to your message!

I believe it comes down to a heart issue.  We have to really know....I mean know....who God is and what He says about those alone times. 
 
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" Hebrews 13:5
 
"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'" Matthew 28:18-20
 
Feeling alone and being alone are not the same thing. God being silent and God turning away are not the same thing. He promised to never leave you nor forsake you. He promised to be with you always, even to the end of the world.

*Leave - depart, withdraw, retire, pull out, disappear, vacate

*Forsake - abandon, desert, cast aside, renounce, disclaim, discard

*Always - every time, each time, without fail, regularly, habitually, consistently, unfailingly

*To the end - the final part, conclusion, resolution, finish; the furthest or most extreme part of something

That means: God promises not to depart and withdraw while you are in your circumstances. He will not abandon you and discard your worries. BUT He will consistently, without fail be with you, hear you, guide you, heal you. He will walk with you through EACH moment until the moment ends. And then He will keep walking with you through the next moment, and the next, and the next. It is His promise. 
 
I know the feeling of praying and getting no immediate answer.  I know the doubt that creeps in that makes you wonder if He's really out there or if He's preoccupied with someone or something more important.  And I know the truth is that I am heard every single time.  I may not get an answer right away, but I am not alone.  I am not forsaken.  I am not left to my troubles and my fears.  I am always important and always loved.
 
And so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment