Even when I didn't yet know it
Recently I went through an experience that left me impatient, confused, frustrated, and even discouraged. When it ended, I was grateful and eager to move on. There was no way I wanted to deal with that again.
Then time does its thing. As I would reflect on that recent experience, I’d find myself convicted of my attitude and my failure to walk through it with grace.
Today I was again searching my heart, and I came upon the root of my frustration with the situation. And then the Lord spoke.
“Now you know what I spared you from.”
And instantly there was peace. He didn’t excuse my impatience or my lack of grace. But He showed me what my life would have looked like had He not stepped in. He showed me that another chaotic season of my life from years ago was actually *His* grace and mercy in removing me/us from a situation that would have destroyed me on every level.
There are times we fully see the Father’s hand and easily praise Him. But many times He moves in a way we weren’t expecting and we’re left reeling in the sudden change of direction. May we also find a way to praise Him in those times. Because down the road, He may choose to let you see what that other path would have cost you.
Today I am so thankful for His forgiveness in my recent circumstance, as well as His gracious protection from years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment