Let's break that down...
Sometimes “too much” for some really does mean they aren’t you’re tribe. I'm never going to want to go rock climbing or backpack across Europe or go on a wine tasting tour. I've had to know where I won't fit best because I'll only be disappointed in the activities (and be disappointing to those doing them).
But this quote gets thrown around a lot. It seems to be used as an excuse to be whoever and whatever with no accountability. It’s the female version of “boys will be boys.” And I don't think that statement is ok either.
We have to get to a point where we can recognize our differences without excusing and becoming tolerant of poor behavior. I think any woman who needs to be validated by this statement because a group of friends think she's "too much" needs to ask some hard questions from someone she trusts to be honest. And then maybe she needs to work on the things she can improve upon. We should want others to think they never have enough time with us rather than think we were around "too much."
No comments:
Post a Comment