UA-108708875-1 A Sifted Life: Hell…

Friday, July 24, 2026

Hell…

 ...it's a real place.

My daughter and I were talking about fears we have. I said the fear of not being able to escape - if you don’t, you’ll die. Then I said “Or the fear that you get out, but there’s still someone else trapped.”

And instantly I had an analogy. 

Because this is the world we live in. Some of us have escaped circumstances while others remain. Some of us are no longer trapped by abuses or financial lack while others still struggle.

But that’s not the analogy that hit me. What I instantly thought of is hell.

There are those of us who heard, read, and understand our need for a savior because of our sins. And while we have escaped eternal suffering, we are surrounded by countless others who are still headed for disaster. 

We who were once trapped have escaped. But there are still people trapped. Why doesn’t that bother us more? Why doesn’t that motivate us more. 

If a house is burning with people inside, shouldn’t every effort be made to save them? Even if we risk other human life to save theirs? This is exactly the picture we should have in mind. 

Hell is a real place. There will be no escape. Those who have been shown the way out need to be showing others the way out. No one should be left to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment