UA-108708875-1 A Sifted Life: When You Seek God

Friday, July 24, 2026

When You Seek God

And He gives you confirmation

  Recently I’ve been doubting myself, my gifts, what I feel is my purpose and calling. Despite attempts at walking it out, there seemed to be let down and rejection at every turn. It’s not only discouraging; it makes you question everything you thought you knew about your passion. It makes your prayers more like tearful begging for revelation. “God, take this desire from me if it’s not what You have for me.” And then…He answered.

Twice in the last week, I’ve had unassuming conversations with professionals that I only interact with every few months. During both of these conversations, each one asked me “what do you do for a living? Are you a {particular career}?” Each guessed a different career, but both careers require characteristics of the traits I have the desire to use and have been doubting. After months of discouragement and feelings of failure, I was validated and humbly blessed. I was so thankful the Father heard my prayers and answered.

Here’s what I’ve realized: 

💡We often look to those closest to us to notice and encourage our efforts. They know us best so they should recognize our gifts. But this often isn’t the case. 

💡Those around us get used to us. Our special passions and callings become as familiar to them as our smile and tone of voice. To them, it’s just how we are. They probably don’t even think about it being something special to encourage or compliment or seek out if it’s a resource they need. It just doesn’t occur to them. 

💡But strangers and acquaintances don’t see us as often or know us as well. So when we walk in our passion, they pick up on it as something new to them. They realize it’s different than other people they encounter (which might not be true because of #2). So they’re quick to pay attention and point it out. 

💡And I think people often *do* think complimentary things about others - they just don’t always say them to the individual who needs to hear it. I think if we each remember how good we feel when given a genuine compliment, we’d be more inclined to give them to others more often. 

(Disclaimer: I’m a Words of Affirmation girl so this is near and dear to my heart. But even if that isn’t your love language, a kind word about something you notice in someone else could be just the thing they need to believe in themselves again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment