Sifting is separating the fine from the coarse. In life, we miss a lot of the finer points because of all the coarse edges we wade through. I want to focus on the often overlooked gems in our everyday circumstances - and apply a Biblical worldview. I tend to have a different perspective and enjoy digging a little deeper into the Word, challenging myself -and you - to seek a closer relationship with Jesus. So I hope you'll join me as we begin sifting through life!
Thursday, July 23, 2026
No Condemnation
I have lost track of the number of people who have stopped talking to me over my life. Friends, family members - both believers and unbelievers. Whether it’s from shame, embarrassment, maybe it’s fear of judgment. I don’t know. Most of the time I’ve never been given the opportunity to ask why I’ve been rejected and ignored after loving them.
The Bible says “there is no condemnation in Christ.” As a follower of Him, there’s an element of that verse that applies to me too. It is not my job to condemn or shame or berate or in anyway make another person feel less than simply because we don’t agree on any given topic or choice. It is my job to love. The truth is that sometimes love includes correction and correction can be uncomfortable. Sometimes hearing hard truths can feel like judgment. But I think if people who have so easily been able to ignore me would search their memories and reflect on all the times that I listened or advised or helped, maybe they would see that my motive has always been love. My heart has never been to be estranged from anyone that I’ve loved.
Unfortunately, it’s not up to me to force the relationship if the other person doesn’t want one. Ironically, it’s the same thing with the Lord. He doesn’t force a relationship with us. But how His heart must hurt from the rejection and being ignored when all He’s ever done is love and offer no condemnation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment