UA-108708875-1 A Sifted Life: Aren't We a Cute Couple?

Friday, July 24, 2026

Aren't We a Cute Couple?


But there's more... 

A quick glance at this photo and you’ll see a couple who is having a good time. And you’d be right. But there’s more. 

He had just told me something funny and I was trying my hardest to look poised and not wide-mouth cackle. But what he said also made me blush. So I looked down. And he’s proud of himself because he likes to get these reactions from me. But there’s more. 

 My arms are at his head and his shoulder. I’m connected to his leadership and his strength. His arms are at my waist. He’s connected to me at my core. Yet we’re not pressed together. We are touching with trust and the ability to move independently; not forcing each other to move a certain way, but moving together by choice. But there’s more. 

My eyes are closed. But his aren’t. My head is down. But his isn’t. 

He’s noticing me. He’s watching me. He’s watching out *for* me. I can’t see what’s behind me, but he can. He’ll see what’s coming. And he’s shielding me from anything that comes toward me. Whatever comes for me will have to go through him first. 

 I wasn’t thinking of any of those things when this photo was taken (except maybe to not wide-mouth cackle). But I see all of it every time I look at this picture. It’s one moment in our life that encapsulates our entire marriage. I don’t always see it in the day-to-day struggles and stresses. But I’m so thankful for this visual reminder of the blessing my husband is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment